Hello! We’re Proper Snap: Britain’s Local Food Directory. Search for your town, city or postcode and you can discover your locally produced food, drink and events. You don’t have to be a ‘foodie’ to appreciate some Proper Snap (a Yorkshire saying meaning ‘decent food’). From small home-based businesses to large organic enterprises, we think Britain has it all, and we want you to find the best our country has to offer. To find out more on how this all began, click here.
It’s totally free to be listed on Proper Snap. We don’t believe in charging producers to be listed, because a directory is only as good as its content. If you’re a food or drink producer, we want you to be found without charging you a ‘listing fee’.
- Encourage the public and businesses to discover and use their independent and local food producers
- Create the “go-to” site that lists all British food producers and events in one place
- Help smaller local producers grow their businesses and sell more products, growing local economies and communities
How we do this:
- We market and talk about local food events and our listed producers for free on social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and our Proper Blog. We do this because we love local food, not because someone has paid us as part of a marketing or sponsorship campaign.
- We go out and visit producers at trade fairs, farmer’s markets and food festivals. It’s a two-way street, and we like learning from local food communities to keep our eye on what’s happening in the food industry.
- If you’re a micro producer without a website, we’ll provide you with one at a discounted trade rate (contact us for more details).
We can’t do this without your help, so please spread the world and help Proper Snap become the #1 source for Britain’s independent food & drink.
How can you use Proper Snap?
There’s lots of food and drink inspiration out there…
- If you’re a food & drink lover (who isn’t?) – register for free, then search, view, review and/or comment on your favourite local producers, or browse the whole site to find specialist and regional food from all over Britain
- Sign up to our newsletter to win local food prizes or advertising for your business, read our Proper Blog, follow us on Twitter, share on Facebook… tell us about your favourite local food producers or recipes
- If you’re an independent food or drink producer, please list your business if it’s not on the site already (and tell your customers about us)
- If you have a business premises, contact us and we’ll send you a window sticker to show that you’re listed
- If you’re a deli, cafe, restaurant or retailer – Use the site to find new, exciting local food brands to sell and cook with (many smaller or just-launched businesses are seeking distributors)
- Please contact us with ideas & suggestions – we’d love to hear from you.
We hope you’re hungry… now go and get some Proper Snap!