Everything you need to get your business/event listed or upgraded on Proper Snap
Here at Proper Snap, we believe local food & drink should be accessible to everyone. A directory is only as good as its content, after all, so if you’re a food or drink producer, you can be included and won’t be charged a membership or “marketing fee”. Everyone can get a basic listing. You can, however, upgrade to an inexpensive featured listing to make your business stand out whenever you wish – for example, if you had a new product launch or event, or wanted to run a cost-effective advertising campaign.
What do you get with a Basic (free) listing?
Your Proper Snap listing gives you the following benefits for free:
- A full page listing for your business showing your contact details, social media links, products, logo and story
- A review star-rating system for customers to leave positive feedback and comments about your products
- Social media coverage across our Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest , plus on our Proper Blog.
- PR advice and access to our contacts in packaging, logos & website design at discounted rates – please contact us
- Your product(s) featured in Articles, Press Releases and other food-related marketing via our media channels
- Access to and promotion in our newsletter, keeping you in the loop with the local and artisan food scene
- A built-in location map and driving directions so that people can find your premises (if applicable)
- A free “We’re listed on Proper Snap” virtual badge for your website, or sticker for your premises (please contact us to request either of these)
What do you get with an upgraded Featured Listing?
Featured listing holders receive all the above benefits of a free listing, plus:
- Your business listing becomes a bold, highlighted and boxed “stand out” listing, displaying your company above others
- More traffic to your site to drive sales – Featured listings get 300% more clicks than basic ones (as of December 2014)
- Guaranteed promotion across our Social Media sites
- Your business appears first and at the top of up to 8 food & drink categories (for Featured on Category listings)
- Your business gets listed at the top of our homepage (for Featured on Homepage Listings)
- Your business remains at the top of search results and is always displayed first before basic listings
- The flexible option to be Featured for just a month (e.g. product launches or seasonal marketing) or on an ongoing basis
How to List your Business
First, search to check that the Proper Snap team haven’t listed you already (we add new producers daily).
If we’ve already listed you, go to the listing, click the ‘Claim Listing’ button and you’ll be guided through the steps to claim the listing as your own business. You’ll be given the option to choose the kind of listing you’d like (see below for explanations of the types of listings available). Proper Snap will check you’re the legitimate owner of the business and then the listing will be yours to edit and add to – you can also upgrade your listing to a Featured one if you like. Alternatively, you can contact us and we’ll turn over ownership of the existing listing to you so you can edit or upgrade it if you wish.
If you’re not listed, click “List Your Business” on the front page (or on the right), register your chosen username and email if you haven’t already, then you’ll be given a choice of types of listing options below:
The Different Types of Listing
- Basic (free) – a basic listing detailing your business and products.
- Featured at the top of Search Results (£5 for a month) – this turns your listing into a bold, highlighted box that will appear at the top of up to 8 food & drink categories whenever they are searched. For example, if you sell ice cream, you would appear at the top of “dairy”, “frozen desserts” and so on. Your listing will always appear above the basic ones.
- Featured on Homepage (£15 for a month) – this turns your listing into a bold, highlighted box, and it gets displayed on the homepage of Proper Snap (the one everyone sees when they first visit the site).
- Banner Adverts & Other marketing – We have ad spaces placed at strategic, highly noticeable places throughout the site. Contact us for more information.
Don’t forget – if you choose a basic listing, you can upgrade it to a featured one whenever you like. Just log in to the site, go to your listing and click ‘Upgrade Listing’.
How to List your Event
As with business listings, first search to check that the Proper Snap team haven’t listed your event already, and If we’ve already listed you, contact us and we’ll turn over ownership of the existing listing to you.
If you’re not listed, click “List Your Event” on the front page (or on the right), register your chosen username and email, then you’ll go to the Event Listing page, which displays a zero cost for listing in one category, with the option to upgrade the listing to be Featured on a Category or Featured on the Homepage (see above for an explanation of what these Featured listings are).
Most Events listings are free, however there is a £5 surcharge for listing a cooking course/workshop or a tasting as these are usually small, paid-for one-off events that benefit from being advertised as an Event on Proper Snap.
Payment & Completion
Once you’ve made your selections for either Business or Event listings, you’ll be taken via Paypal to securely complete payment. Having a Paypal account is optional, and you can pay by Credit or Debit card via the Paypal system if you wish.
Once your listing is submitted, it will become pending, awaiting moderation. We do this to stop spam and to correct any listing errors. The Proper Snap team will check the listing over and contact you if necessary, but we usually approve most listings within 48 hours. Then that’s it – you’re live on Proper Snap and people can find your business or event!